BLIZZARD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE MONDAY NIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY EVENING... The National Weather Service in Upton has issued a Blizzard Watch, which is in effect from late Monday night through Tuesday evening.
- Locations: New York City, Long Island, Southern Westchester, Southern Fairfield, Southern New Haven, Middlesex, and New London counties.
- Hazard types: Snow, and strong and gusty winds.
- Snow accumulations: 12 to 18 inches.
- Timing: Late Monday night through Tuesday evening.
- Impacts: Hazardous travel and potential for power outages due to moderate to heavy snow and gusty winds.
- Winds: Northeast 20 to 30 mph with gusts 40 to 50 mph.
- Temperatures: In the upper 20s.
- Visibilities: One quarter mile or less at times.